Facts about Otoc Ilovik (Ilovik Island)

 • Ilovik Hrvatska
 • Ilovik Croatia
 • Å an Pjero
 • San Piero
 • Asinello, Isola Asinello
 • Azinelo
 • San Pietro
 • Ostrvo Ilovik
 • Ostrvo Tovari?

 • Tovarnjak (donkey)
 • Sanctus Petrus de Nimbis
    (translated from Latin: Saint Peter of the Cloud)
 • San Pietro dei Nembi
    (translated from Italian: Saint Peter of the Cloud)
 • Neumae Insulae
    (translated from Latin: Island with No Name)

The oldest traces of civilization are from the Ilirian tribe Liburni.

The walls enclosing the present-day cemetery date back to the 11th century and were part of a Benedictine monastery.

On the smaller island of Preko (Sveti Petar) are the remnants of a small castle, which was built in 1600 by the Republic of Venice.

The first Croats arrived on Ilovik at the end of the 18th century from Veli Losinj. This marked the beginning of the modern-day Ilovik.

The most southern of the inhabited islands of Lošinj's archipelago

Part of the Kvarner Gulf (Kvarnerski zaljev) a bay located between the Istrian peninsula and the northern Croatian Littoral mainland.

South of the island Lošinj, separated by the Strait of Ilovik

Location: 44.4667° N, 14.5500° E

Area: 2.239 sq miles (5.8 km²)

Average elevation: 92 feet

January is coldest with an average temperature of 36.32 °F at night.

July is warmest with an average temperature of 83.3 °F at noon.

September is on average the month with most sunshine.

Winter population: 85

website and photography Copyright Glavinka Logic 2015